24 Apr 2009

It's the time of the season for Awards

We all know Fuchsia of course, and we also know that she has received several well-deserved blog awards during the last weeks. Bravo, Fuchsia (post MOAR!)!

I'm a proud little person today, because Fuchsia has granted me not one but two of these awards, and though I still don't have any idea how I'm going to live up to the honour, I'm of course very grateful.

And the best part is that I get to nominate some of my favourites in my turn, so here goes...

Zombie Chicken Award


The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…
Here I'll take the opportunity to nominate some blogs that aren't related to 18th century and living history, such as:

Homemade Hilarity
I'm not a skilled crafter myself, so I hope it doesn't make me a terribly bad person for laughing at the shortcomings of others..?

Katastrofala Omslag
Unfortunately only in Swedish, but everyone can view the terrible, terrible record sleeves from times past. And you who know Swedish will laugh yourself silly at the descriptions from this anonymous blogger.

Cake Wrecks
Who knew professional cakes gone FUBAR could be so much fun?

Okay, it seems like I'm not following that many non-18thc blogs after all... So:

Fuchsia's 18th century dress
it is! I can't help it, I love her work and her blog. I don't think an introduction is needed here.

The Duchess of Devonshire's Gossip Guide to the 18th Century
I'm always amazed by her ability to pick up so many aspects of the Georgian era, high and low, always amusing and interesting.

Thank you, you great bloggers, for maing the internet a better place. Huzzah!


And now we've come to take a look at the...

Tempus Fugit Award



The TEMPUS FUGIT Award is given to writers & living historians whose journals represent the best aspects of the 18th Century. These writers aim to inform and entertain the public with tales from events, historic research & experiments and highlights from 18th Century arts and culture. It is the hope of TEMPUS FUGIT that this award will forge a web of friendship and knowledge that will aid in creating a tight community of reenactors and living historians on the internet and beyond. Winners of the TEMPUS FUGIT Award should pass this award along to six other 18th Century blogs that meet the above criteria, and include this text with the Award, as well as a link back to the TEMPUS FUGIT blog.

This award was founded by The Doctor, a very accomplished blogger and living historian, and although I don't think my humble scribblings quite meet the criteria for the award, I know of several other bloggers who do so (and I know some of them have been nominated before, but I don't care!):

History of American Women - 18th century
A rich source of informationon on the lives of colonial women. Portraits galore!

Slightly Obsessed
I know Chole has been nominated to this award by others, but I love her work so much.

We sailed for parts unknown to man...
A blog from a costumer at LiveJournal that I just discovered but already love.

Travels in Time
Another blog from a costumer at LiveJournal. This lady has great taste and a wonderful sense of humour.

Gustaf III's Wänner
In Swedish. Several people run this blog and it's content is mainly related to the king Gustaf III and his time.

Fuchsia's 18th century dress
Yes, she shall have it! What can I say, it's on the top of my must read-list, and such a great source of inspiration for an aspiring costumer as myself.

And now I'm going to rush off, since I have some urgent polonaise business to attend to! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Check this one out, you might find something interesting, even if it has never been given an award! http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com
    I do try to keep it interesting.
    Regards, Keith.

    ReplyDelete