20 Jul 2010

18th century weeks at Skansen - revisited

Another Sunday at Skansen - this time with much cooler weather which made the hours there even more agreeable than last week! I have to repeat - I really could do this thing for my day job!

And would you believe - I brought the camera this time (although I forgot to bring newly purchased spare batteries and had to buy on site for $$$ - GAAH!) and I took many pictures of the interiors of the lovely, lovely Skogaholm manor:

A bedroom with 17th century walls and ceiling

A bed chamber

A blurry picture of the Chinese parlour

And a DARK but cool picture of the same:

The loveliest little parlour, it says: The table is set - do come in!

Another very female bed chamber......from another angle.

The nursery

I think this was supposed to be the master bedroom:

Another parlour/sitting room, where you could spin...
...play a tune......or just warm yourself up a bit!

And to wrap things up, a handful of ego pictures of me, fooling around inside and outside of the manor house:


Nothing new to wear this week either - my current project has been giving me so much pain that I've started to question my ability to sew even a pillow case in the future! I'm NOT giving up just yet, though. Grey hair makes one look distinguished anyway.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely! Did you get permission to take those pics? We'd love to take some with us in...

    Will you be there next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isis, good to see you!

    Do bring your camera - pictures are fine if one is not using flash, they told me (I was quite happily surprised). I was a bit hurried when I took mine though, since a tourist or five usually was in the way :P

    I'm working during daytime next weekend, unfortunately, but I will make it to the Sunday evening gathering :) Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. What a lovely manor home. I could move in straight away. Nice touch with the pictures of you in your gorgeous outfit.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous!!! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vad mysigt du verkar ha haft det!

    Roligt att se lite andra vinklar av Skogaholm. Jag har några bilder från tidiningen Gods & Gårdar, men som sagt kul att se den ur lite andra perspektiv.

    Fin är du i din dräkt också!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On Sunday maybe I will turn up for the food. The "pimpinella" I doubt, but red wine, yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it's you! I never realized this was your blog when we changed a few words at the Trettondagsbalen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to go to this place!
    It looks amazing (:

    http://flouncedlucia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I'm redecorating my room and found these pictures and am so inspired by them! I wrote a blog post and used some of your pictures and linked back to your blog below each picture and also mentioning your blog specifically! It's at http://vintagebisou.blogspot.com/2013/04/more-bedroom-plans.html

    I wanted to make sure it's alright with you and please let me know if you want them taken down!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, I discovered your blog by means of Google even as searching for a similar topic, your site got here up, it seems to be great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks. mexican war service records

    ReplyDelete