28 Aug 2014

Regency ball in Stockholm, my newest gown and the pictures that were taken

A couple of weekends ago, I attended a regency themed ball here in Stockholm. The group that arranged it is almost entirely focused on dancing, and since I don't dance I wasn't sure if I was going to attend. But the temptation that was being able to wear 'something regency' for once became too big so I decided to go.

And I'm so glad I did! The evening consisted almost 100 % of dancing, but I included myself into a small group of friends and acquaintances (among those fair Elisa and lovely Mamsell K.) that wasn't too keen on dancing and we had a lovely evening. since the dancing took place in the main house, we had a small wing almost to ourselves and we played cards, talked, laughed and ate and drank all night long. I had a blast!

And I had a new gown. The inspiration was this 1814 fashion plate from Incroyables et Merveilleuses de 1814:


And my version:

The gown was made from plain cotton. The trims are some vintage gifts and thrift finds and probably rayon or some other man-made material.

I was ready so early and made my husband take some pictures around the old manor house near where we live.





I hardly took any pictures of the event, though, which I should have now that I look back. But it was a fun night all the same!

11 comments:

  1. It was a great party and you looked fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Madame Berg -

    I want to let you know that I’ve nominated you and your blog for a Leibster award. It’s a way of spreading the word to let others know there are more wonderful blogs out there. Your blog has great writing, good information, lovely projects…and I feel more people should know about it. I see you've garnered other blogging awards (congratulations!); accepting the award is completely voluntary, so please don't feel pressured.

    Here’s wishing you continued success with your sewing and your blogging!

    Susan
    www.threadingthroughtime.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thak you! That is so sweet. All the best to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I have put on my site, a lot off old french sewing patterns and magazines.
    http://www.french-crea-vintage.com/en/

    Welcome
    Marie-Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello dear, are you still suffering from heart break or you are there you are looking for the fruit of the womb or you are there you have been suffering from HIV/AIDS you do not have time to waste crying all day cause that is a total waste of time all you need to do is to kindly contact Dr. Wealthy in his email address: wealthylovespell@gmail.com and explain everything to him, he will bring a solution to your problem.my dear brothers and sisters i want to tell you all that God have been using this man to bless many people in their numerous problems, what is that thing that is eating you up? you do not have to worry Dr. Wealthy is there to solve your problems today. once more contact him through his email address: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or add him up on WhatsApp +2348105150446

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que bonito! Que bom que gostou do evento.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard of him before, but after watching his documentary “healing spell” I was turned on to the full story about Dr Ikpeajie. He is a man who has the Cure for AIDS,Cancer, Sickle Cell, Herpes,warts,HPV,ALS Diabetes and every kind of illness, through a whole foods vegetarian diet and natural herbs, what he calls Electric Foods. He went to herbal school college, and has thousands of testimonials of healing people with Herpes, HIV AIDS, and HPV several other illnesses. Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes of TLC was cured of Herpes by him and she was so moved by his knowledge that she went on to spread the word about him in every way she could. She also opened a Cultural/Healing Center for Children in USA before she passed away tragically. This all inspired me that i had to contact Dr Ikpeajie, because i was having Herpes which could not be cure but was only managed, when i contacted Dr Ikpeajie, he sent me some herbs which i took, and now i can tell you, i have be totally cured of Herpes, My Name is chas, I am from the hartford, Please if you have any form of illness especially STD,Infertility,HIV etc. you can contact him immediately through his Email: drikpeajieherbalhome@yahoo.com or : whatsapp :+254778109549

    ReplyDelete