Well, I'm happy to tell you that it has sleeves now. In a completely different fabric, of course, since the problem was that I hadn't accounted for sleeves with the original fabric.
Anyway, the finished sleeves are made up with sheer cotton so it doesn't look to bad with the gown after all!
I asked my husband to take some pictures from our balcony one evening - please forgive the messy hair!
|Our English park is lovely this time of the year...|
|Am I acting natural enough?|
|Oooh, a daisy!|
No full-front picture? you ask.
Sorry - that's just my vanity speaking, I simply looked too dorky in those! I hope to have better pictures taken when I finally wear this gown to an event.
Aaaand that's also when I - hopefully - have made the final touches on the poor thing. I simply must finish my things under a deadline, it seems.
What to do: You can hint a piece of ugly, pink ribbon in the first picture - it has to be replaced with something... white. I also have to add a closure, with a thread button and loop, perhaps. I had planned to pin the gown shut but it's to much stress on the very sheer fabric.
Oh, one last picture! I thought the sleeves looked a little boring, so I did this on the hem:
Mad embroidery skills, I tell you!